Electronic administrations can be defined as all the mechanisms which convert what paper processes in a traditional office into electronic processes, with the main objective being to have a paperless office. This objective can be achieved with help of ICT tools which are very handy to improve productivity and performance in the organizations.
In order to provide best service to your clients in the administration matters, electronic administrations should create e-offices with an appropriate interface containing the agenda with all issues that can be handled via a given office. Since it is necessary to match responsibility with enabling environment, all officials should be provided with an IT tool that would support the issuance of administrative decisions in the form of an organized process.
The first step should therefore be creating a map of official processes, followed by their optimization and finally their implementation. Visualizing the processes will give answers to questions like: will the office working effectively or is the office working effectively? Is it easy to handle a given matter from the point of view of your clients? And what documents are required and are the processes in line with the applicable government laws? In electronic administration, simplification of official processes will result in easier and better service delivery and happy clients. Each e-Office should be provided with a document circulation system, business processes engine and system architecture geared towards its on services.
To manage electronic administrations properly, you need to be proactive and pay attention to the following.
- Be proactive: change involves flexibility. In the e-administration, private organizations should keep an open mind perception on the external environment inputs and try to react in due time to the relevant stimuli.
- Come up with client oriented strategies: The clients should become the actors of the administrative system. As such, e-administration has to adopt a strategy of viewing its system from its client’s point of view. That way, e-administration will have more impact on the clients and reduce bureaucracy by using specific IT methods the best solution for creating good client-administration relationship.
- Be innovative: This implies the very essence of having e-administration; the former rigid and technical administrative machinery is now being transformed into an organic, network-like organization.
- Transversal management: Every e-administration should take advantage of the new technologies which guarantee a consistent flow of data in and out an organisation subject to change. Therefore, use ICT (Information and Communication Technology) that will facilitate the interactions between the organisation’s sections or departments and the clients, thus creating the very basis of a coherent client efficiency increase.
- Integration and development of IT systems: Avoid focusing the e-administration primarily and exclusively on change; rather try to improve the client services quality, develop the e-management procedures and accomplish a good and client friendly environment.